Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I opened a ticket with HP because of issues with my laptop. Every chat conversation with support starts with "Please do not worry. I am here to help you." I'll let you decide. After extensive troubleshooting, the first representative tried to upsell me an extended warranty. Pretty distasteful, considering I contacted you to honor this warranty that is still in effect. How about if you honor that first?

The next common chat I receive is, "Please allow me a few minutes while I gather information on the issue." After 5, 7, 19 minutes, the next chat is "The issue is taking more time than expected. Please allow me a few more minutes to work on it." Really? All I have given you is my name and phone number in case we get disconnected. What could possibly be taking so long?

I mailed my laptop back via FedEx. This was delivered on January 26th and signed for by J. Jimenez. HP shows no indication that the laptop was received. Did I mention that I paid the extra $15 to have my laptop repair expedited? Yes, the first agent did manage to upsell me on that. Shame on me.

Now, after much more chatting with no results it appears that HP is willing to "loan" me a used laptop from the local service center. The idea of that is gross on a normal day, but we are in a pandemic folks.

What is going on at HP?!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@springsbarb 

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

These might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

First...

Posting the Tracking Number or ANY private information in a public website is not a good idea.

I have asked the moderators to remove this private information.

Next...

Should there be a response from the moderators team to your issue,

Look for a response here before anyone tries to contact you using other means.

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that our Community moderators review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not an HP business group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Important

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks so much @Dragon-Fur. Noted. I removed the tracking number from the post.

HP Recommended

@springsbarb 

You are welcome.

Good Luck.

Stay Safe.

Hopefully, things will just get better.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.