Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

By the way does anyone have any idea on why our bought products which is the HP Pavilion 15-au137tx have different hardware specs than what HP is showing on the product page? As lee6118i mentioned :

@lee6118i wrote:

HP online Website  Have Get Wifi Card Can Support 8011.AC and Nvidia gracpic card Is 4GB

I Get Diffrent Only Normal Wifi Card Only And Nvidia Gracpic Only 2GB ,Only 2 Item Get Diffect Can help Me To Check  How I Get Diffrent Item in  HP Pavilion 15-au137tx

While my Graphic Card is the correct one which have 4GB Memory/VRAM, but why does my network card differs? Instead of getting Intel® 802.11ac (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo (Miracast compatible), I got a Realtek 8723BE Wi-Fi Adapter which only have 802.11B/G/N standard, which i believe there is also no Miracast support

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

By the way, does the following excerpt :

WLAN module
Description                                                                    Spare part number
WLAN module, 11AC INT 3165 M.2 MOW           806723-005
Assembly, RT 11BGN+BT4 1x1 SANJI2 CB         855106-855

which is highlighted in red, means that in assembly or from manufacturing/factory that the products by default is coming with the Realtek 8723 WLAN module? It might be true. Just found out from Manual, need more info on this thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello @Myhyazid

Looking up the specs for the Pavilion 15-au137tx, I see the public spec sheet shows it to have the dual band AC wifi card. But the private list for all the models show it to have the Realtek 2.4 GHz card.

Those two cards are used in the au1xx series, so the various versions will have one or the other. But it will be specific to the model number and is not random.

Bottom line: Someone down at the office screwed up the specs lists.

Incidentally, that Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter is Miracast compatible.

Also, the model number is 15-au137tx (P/N Y8J41PA). I do not know what Rm3699 is supposed to be unless that was the price in your country?

Where did you buy the laptop at?

I would say you have two choices.

1. Return the machine back to the seller for a refund.

or

2. Contact HP Support for a warranty issue and see what they will do about it.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Choose the country you are in.
Choose Support, then choose Get Started.
Enter the full product number and follow the prompts to see contact options.
NOTE: Options and hours of operation vary between countries.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

HP Recommended

@Photoray002 wrote:

Hello @Myhyazid

Looking up the specs for the Pavilion 15-au137tx, I see the public spec sheet shows it to have the dual band AC wifi card. But the private list for all the models show it to have the Realtek 2.4 GHz card.

Those two cards are used in the au1xx series, so the various versions will have one or the other. But it will be specific to the model number and is not random.

Bottom line: Someone down at the office screwed up the specs lists.

Incidentally, that Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter is Miracast compatible.

Also, the model number is 15-au137tx (P/N Y8J41PA). I do not know what Rm3699 is supposed to be unless that was the price in your country?

Where did you buy the laptop at?

I would say you have two choices.

1. Return the machine back to the seller for a refund.

or

2. Contact HP Support for a warranty issue and see what they will do about it.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Choose the country you are in.
Choose Support, then choose Get Started.
Enter the full product number and follow the prompts to see contact options.
NOTE: Options and hours of operation vary between countries.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

@hey there @Photoray002, thanks for the reply. Will check with HP support/seller about this. Btw your guess is correct indeed RM 3699 is the machine price in Malaysian Ringgit.

I bought my machine at the HP Authorized store here in Malaysia last April.

Just checking in here to make sure if there is any other members of HP community have the same matter as mine.

I will try to check again with the HP Support on this, since i have some driver problems with the realtek card previously..sometimes getting BSOD.. and pc restart when accidentally hit the body/keyboard.

Thanks again!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.