cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP order repeatedly declined despite approved charges from 3 different financial institutions

HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13 touch aw200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have seen this problem posted on the forum around 2017-2018 but am experiencing it now in 2020. I have tried 4 times now to purchase a Spectre x360 laptop from the HP site and have had the order declined 4 times. The first two times I purchased through the employee chat feature and tried with both a debit (small local bank) and credit card (massive, well known company). Both orders were declined.

I called customer service for both the bank and credit card, and was told by both institutions that the money was approved and the issue must be coming from HP's end. I tried later again in the day while speaking to a customer service representative on the phone, and had my credit card order declined again. The orders do show up as pending on my statements, however.

This morning I tried with another person's credit card with their permission (different company than my own), and the order was declined again. I'm thinking to try with PayPal next, but am getting a bit frustrated as trying to buy this thing has taken up over two hours of my time by now.

I'm thinking that because all orders (between 3 financial institutions and 2 people) were declined, this has to be an HP problem. Did anyone find a solution? Has PayPal given anybody the same issue?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,931 27,916 1,852 2,489
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Goldfish2

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues ordering a laptop from HP website.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you contact our sales team in your region and they will assist you in ordering the laptop.

Refer to the below link for contact information.

https://store.hp.com/us/en

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation