Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erdolenn
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP repair order # DBD707-01

HP Recommended

I have been a HP fan for at least 20 years. However, recently I have had such a bad experience with HP support that I am afraid I might consider switching to another company. What happened, in my opinion, is gross incompetence and resulted in my total loss of confidence in HP.

This is what happened:

I contacted HP support online in late October and complained how uncomfortable the bright screen on my laptop was and how it was causing eye strain and my eye doctor had told me to change it. Since I had purchased the extended service package when I had purchased the laptop, I was told that I can have it replaced with a non-reflective screen. The rep and then his manager confirmed that the screen will be replaced at no charge to me.

At this time I mentioned that I was also having other problems with my laptop (such as it not starting unless I press F11 or freezing in the middle of my work, etc). The manager told me that they can restore the laptop to its factory settings and that he was going to send me a FedEx package so that I can send my laptop to HP. He confirmed that he had the correct address, phone number and email address for me.

When I had not gotten any FedEx packages a week later, I called in and found out that the package was sent to the address I had two years ago, not to the address that the manager confirmed with me.

A new package was sent to and I mailed the laptop to HP. I included a letter with the laptop with my phone number and asking them to call me if they had any questions. A week later I called in to check on the progress and was told that the service technician tried to reach me by phone but did not have my number. Now, how is it that after my address, phone number and email has been confirmed so many times the technician still cannot reach me? And, I had taped the letter with my phone number on the laptop when I sent it in.

What is worse, I was told that the repair order said nothing about the laptop being restored to its original state. They told me they knew nothing about the problems I had explained to the service rep. Moreover, they had decided that now they were not going to replace the screen with a non-reflective kind as it would be considered an upgrade.  So what they were basically telling me that, after having it for a week, they were going to send back my laptop without doing anything.

I talked to Meka Foster who was quite rude towards me. She said “Since we don’t have anything written on the problems about it, the best we can do is to do a diagnostic run on your laptop and send it back to you tomorrow, which will take about a week for you to receive it. We will not be restoring it to its original factory setting and we will not be replacing the screen either”

This is the very fist time I needed service/support from HP. And, I had paid for an extended service package when I bought the laptop. Now I am regretting ever buying the laptop from HP. It seems like HP’s service organization is very disorganized and that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Moreover focus on customer satisfaction is non-existent. It is as if I am dealing with a small tech company with an overseas service division that it cannot control.

1 REPLY 1
WendyM
Level 7
1,018 917 21 140
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. This is a peer to peer community for customers to connect and share solutions on their HP consumer products. If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation