Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite x3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I sent my HP Elite x3 to be repaired under warranty back in November of 2018. I got an email message on 11/19 telling me they had received my device, and on 11/21 I got another email telling me the "re-commit" date was going to be 12/21. That's more than a month after I sent it in, but I was okay with that, as long as it would be fixed and returned by then. It wasn't. Instead, on 12/20--the day before it was due back to me-- I received an email identical to the one from 11/21 but with a new return date of 01/18. Now we're up to two full months without my cell phone, during which time I'm having to use an old one from 2015 that barely works. But since there's nothing I can do about it anyway, I wait until 01/18 to get my phone back. On 01/17, I receive an email identical to the last two with a new return date of 01/25. But I'm starting to get the hang of this game now, so today, 01/24, I check my inbox, and what should I find there but a message from "HPSupport_Global" identical to the past three with a new date of 01/31. I am posting this to ask whether anyone else in the HP community has had a similar experience with getting a device repaired (and if so what advice they have) as well as to ask HP if there is some way to find out the status of my device.

As a side note, I'm not normally one to blatantly complain to a company about something, and I apologize for sounding belligerent, but I think I need to convey that this is getting to be unacceptable. I've been waiting for two and a half months to get my device back with nary a word of explanation; this is precisely the situation I'd hoped to avoid when I opted for the "replace" option that was originally given to me and then later switched to "repair" without my consent. There is no way for me to see what the actual status of my device is, other than the return shipment being "on hold", and since HP has shielded itself from customer feedback or communication I have virtually no way of contacting anyone about it. In fact, in all likelihood this very post will be purged under the pretense that it is "spam" just like my previous post that had asked about them changing the service from replacement to repair without my knowledge. I would not be posting this here if HP provided a way for me to contact them directly about this that doesn't require an active warranty (mine has now expired). Will I ever get my phone back? Has it been broken in an attempt to fix it and now they're just stalling indefinitely? Or is it just sitting in a warehouse somewhere, yet to be taken out of the shipping box? Who knows? All I know is that the return date is ostensibly 01/31, and I highly suspect I won't be getting it back on that day. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jonathanok100

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.