Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pamp3
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP repeated message blocking screen about non HP ink cartridge

HP Recommended

Hi, I purchased non HP ink that works great and is less expensive. That should be my right as a consumer. I am getting repetiive pop ups that say I am not using genuine HP ink that block the screen as I am trying to work. How do I disable this? I will certainly not buy HP products in the future if this is a tactic they use. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Blitzgaming
Retired
Retired
228 228 19 40
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Pamp3,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!  You have come to the right place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community!

I understand you are trying to block the messages advising you about the non HP ink installed. Can you list your product number and version of Windows?

You may be find that doing a Hard Reset will help. For most printers you can do this by:

-Unplugging the power cord from the printer and wall while the top/front cover is open

-Take out the toner/cartridges

-Wait approximately 30 seconds

-Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall (direct wall outlet rather than surge/power strip)

-Insert the toner/cartridges back into the printer

Please let me know how this goes. You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation