Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LAPTOP 15-BS115DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am livid. I get me laptop back from HP without repairs. They say because it is the wrong serial number. That is a load of crap. This is the same laptop I bought in early 2018 and that I sent in last summer to repair some physical damage. They repaired the damage but messed up my op system. They say all that was done was replacing the screen, a new base enclosure and resetting my motherboard. Yet I had no software issues when I sent it to them. They then proceed to tell me that the software problem is not covered under my warranty. The problem that they created mind you and I can buy a different warranty that will cover this issue. So, HP created the issue then wants money to fix it. That is textbook extortion. Of course I refuse. I just continued to use my laptop. The issues were minor annoyances mostly but still should of been fixed for FREE.

Now it is December last year and my laptop takes a graceful yet damaging fall from a second story balcony. The screen is various colors and nothing can be read on it. The case is cracked around most of the screen and the base in several places. One corner is missing from the base section entirely. It is still running but unusable. I contact HP to send it in. Which they do without a problem. About a week later I get an email stating they have been trying to reach me via phone. So I get on the horn with Jessica from HP Technical Support. She tells me they will not be able to repair the laptop I sent them due to it being the wrong serial number as the warranted one. The warranted one I sent them because it is the only laptop I could of sent them. She says that the "repair" department says the serial number is "worn" off. WORN is the word she used as well as what is in anemail. Take note that the repair done 5 months previous included replacing the base unit upon which is laser etched my serial number as well as other system information. So I am thinking it is odd that the number is "worn" off. After all, I am not a neanderthal. I am not in the habitat of dragging my laptop around. Of course, I go through the whole ordeal of supervisor to escalated to get told the computer is being sent back to me. Oh and here is a pretty much useless coupon to use on our site only. Now understand I am an HP user. I have been for over a couple decades. **bleep** I defended them over the years. I have had few problems with HP products. Or support for that matter until now. I get my non-repaired laptop back to find the serial and product number, ONLY, not "worn" off but intentionally scratched out. There are zero other scratches on the bottom of the laptop. Only two very distinct scratches over those two important numbers. SHADY SHADY SHADY HP. This is a nasty tactic to use so you don't have to repair my laptop for a second time. Warranties are a gamble for the company offering them. If the product is quality built then they probably rarely have to be used. But every once in a while the house loses and ends up repairing even a quality product multiple times. I can not believe that HP is in a financial position that the must fraudulently deny repairs as they have here. I have no doubt that HP has done me dirty and is being very shady. I am not sure how to proceed from here but I will find a path to take. Since childhood I have been a real pain in the ass when I have been wronged. I intend for this time to be no different. Any suggestions or a direction would be greatly appreciated. One certainty is Hewlett Packard has lost a longtime customer from this one act of dishonesty and pure shadiness. 

EDIT: HP stated they can't change a serial number. BS Google it. You can change it. My guess is they did just that.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hippytrip

I have gone through your post and I understand your concerns

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Serial Nr ist [EDIT] and Produkten CZ165A

Greetings

Eisan

HP Recommended

I have not heard from anyone.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.