AndersJO
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP support and taskbar

HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would wish that the "HP Support Assistant" would be respectful to the choices that I make.

Please understand that when I choose to remove the HP Support Assistant toolbar through the settings for the taskbar I do that because I do not want the software to be in the taskbar. If I would have wanted the toolbar to  be shown in the taskbar I would not be removing it (through the settings)

Windows have a place for background software and their notifications to be at , that place is known as "notification area".

There are also a function to show messages already, the icon for that i at the end of the taskbar. 

I know that I can remove the notifications through the settings in HP Support Assistant so that I will not have the toolbar to re-appear and that makes me not to be notified on updates ... I want the notifications but not the toolbar.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation