Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion a1646 desktop, I bought a restore disc set from hp last year after being told from sales that I would be able to simply just load the disc set into the drive to restore my computer if it crashed again. It crashed this past july, and after several months of contacting tech support, being told it was my drive (which sent back to manufacturer and was verified it was NOT my drive however they completely cleaned my drive which then lost all my saved info). Then I called tech support to inform them that these discs STILL did not work. They then stated it was my computer. I paid a computer repair store to check my computer. It was in working condition except for the restoration it needed, which was supposedly in these discs I paid for last year. I then called tech support again, who said must be drive. NO. It wasnt. However, giving hp the benefit of a doubt since their techs are supposed to know what they are telling us, I paid to have drive erased AGAIN. Called tech support, they said I was loading discs wrong. ????? HUH???? After several more calls to tech support and same info as I am loading my discs wrong, I finally was connected to someone who asked for build id numbers off computer and discs. HMMM they did not match, I had been sent wrong discs. And spent lots of money fixing, cleaning, having drive erased, computer checks, etc. Then I was told they would replace the wrong ones with the correct ones if I paid to ship them. NOOOO I already paid for the product and shipping, THEY shipped the wrong one, not me. Finally they said they would **bleep**\p for free overnight. this was Last THURSDAY. They said I would receive it on Tuesday. OVERNIGHT???  I called tuesday to verify they had shipped, and they said they had not, I would have to order and pay for it. ANOTHER MESS. FInally after speaking to a supervisor, they agreed they owed me the correct disc set and shipping. I received that this past Thursday, Directions said it would prompt me to press F to reformat the drive. IT DID NOT. It prompted me to press R for recovery. I immediately stopped and called tech support. They said press R. I pressed R and then my computer quit. it will not read anything now, will not load the rest of the other discs, etc. Then I was told I would have to PAY for info on how to correct what their tech misinformed me of. After an argument and several other phone calls, request to speak to a case manager, supervisor (I was told I have to pay to speak to case manager or supervisor now), my computer is still messed up. IS THIS STANDARD PROCEDURE TO PURCHASE A PRODUCT THEN HAVE TO PAY BECAUSE TECH SUPPORT MISINFORMED YOU SEVERAL TIMES? I have paid already several times to do things they said was the issue, and it WAS NOT. Now what do I do? I am on disability, fixed income, already spent over $150.00 following their instructions, and now they want me to pay for information from the techs that misinformed me several times over the last 2 and a half months?? I need answers on how to fix what they misinformed me of several times. I do not think I should have to PAY for bad advice, or to speak to a case manager/supervisor. My drive is in excellent working condition. This is insanity and screwing the people who purchase a HP product, and unfair. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. This is a peer to peer community for customers to connect and share solutions on their HP consumer products. If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.