Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Purchased HP Envy (with Premium Carepack+) approx 8 months ago, recently found defect with hinge. HP promptly collected, 'repaired', and returned the laptop. I found a scuff mark on the hinge (presumably from a screwdriver) and that the hinge was squeaking/rubbing when open/closing the lid.

Immediately contacted HP and they collected the device, promising me an immediate repair and return. I log onto the case status to find there is a 1 month lead time on the components required, and so I won't receive my laptop for 3 - 4 weeks. HP were very unhelpful and unsympathetic. They refused my suggestion for a replacement unit or a partial refund (considering fair usage for 6months+).

Ludicrously, the technical support suggested returning the defective device for me to use until the components were available. I refused because I did not want to exacerbate the damage.

I rely on this laptop for my job, it's my only device. HP refusing to replace or partially refund this device means I now have to buy a brand new laptop, unless I want to be unable to work. Their service and logic is pathetic, most people are working remotely in the pandemic and thus there should be more flexibility in their policies.

The technical support agent could not transfer me to someone who handles complaint, and conveniently could not transfer me to a manager either. I want to know how I can contact a (senior) manager who has an inch of common sense and empathy for a customer. If I do not receive a replacement or partial refund I will be forced to purchase a brand new laptop because I cannot otherwise do my job (also, rest assured that if this is the case, the new laptop will not be from HP).

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Wisbey

Welcome to HP Support Community

I understand your concerns and frustrations

I will escalate your case to HP's regional escalation team and a case manager will get back to you

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.