Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP110-220z
Other

This is not about the forum, but as close as I can get to "Help me find what I want in HP support proper"

How can I refine a search in HP support

found at

https://support.hp.com/us-en/search?q=HP110-220z%20add%20a%20second%20hard%20drive%3F&filter=

"If I specify HP110-220z Setup (F10) Utility" it priortizes "Setup (F10) Utility" and gives me that for every HP computer.

If I put a [+]  ie +HP110-220z Setup (F10) Utility which in some search engines says HP110-220z has to be in every item returned, I still get pages of things like "HP 6000  Setup (F10) Utility"  instead of HP110-220z Setup (F10) Utility   

I am rusty on my boullian [can't even spell it anymore] but does it use it, and how would it make it an exclusive search for "HP110-220z" and  "Setup (F10) Utility" ?

In this part of the site there is an advanced search option. I do not understand why the main search engine lacks one or hides it so well, and there is no help to explain the search syntax required to pare down the results.

There have been better search engines around since the 8-bit buss days [Yeh, the Really Olden Days!] so I do not understand how HP Support's search engine be so, well, elementry.  No, Pre-school.

I hope someone can supply me with the secret formula for refining searches in Support.

Or

Confirm that there is no way of refining a search in HP Support found above.

Then I will know what to put in a suggestion or complaint to the big guys.

Either,

Please create a page telling searchers how.

Or,

Please copy the advanced search feature found in the forums to your regular support search engine.

But I would like to know what is really the case before I go that far.

Thanks in advance for me and all the others who have to spend tons of time scanning page after page of search returns.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

If all you want is info on  HP 110-220z CTO Desktop PC then...

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/HP-110-200-Desktop-PC-series/5399643/model/6785237

If you are trying to write your own search engine script, then I can't help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

If all you want is info on  HP 110-220z CTO Desktop PC then...

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/HP-110-200-Desktop-PC-series/5399643/model/6785237

If you are trying to write your own search engine script, then I can't help.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the link.

I typed or pasted in HP110-220z the engine did not return "HP110-220z not found."  "For the lack of a shoe for the horse ... the battle was lost."

In this case it was the lack of " " that caused a endless barage of returns from the search. "HP 110-220z" instead got me where I needed to go --  hours later.

"Casual to the Obvious Observer" as my old Navy A-school proff used to say.

Perhaps a spell checker spicificlly for HP products? I dream on.

Appologies for having to read so much on my account.

And, Thanks again.

Luigi

HP Recommended

Prego.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.