cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How do I delete my entire account? Not just this community.

HP Recommended

I had to scan a document on a printer, so I downloaded the free iOS-app, but had to create a HP account in order to click the "Scan"-button. I did, and I got the scan, and now I want to delete my account again. I have looked everywhere on support.hp.com, but the "My account"-page just shows me my own information without any options of deletion. The only way of contacting customer support is the virtual agent, and when I ask it to delete me, it asks me if I mean to cancel my "Instant Ink"-account. I have no idea what that is, but I tried clicking yes, but it turns out that is something completely different. I've tried speaking to that robot for 15 minutes, but the only account it knows about is "instant ink". When asking to speak to a human being, the virtual agent requires me to provide the model of the printer I am asking about, but I'm not there anymore, so I have no idea what it is. So I just selected some random thing. Then the virtual agent shows me a list of options of how to contact a human, and that is either by buying a phone call, or this community center. When selecting the community center, I was required to setup this account with a "screen name".

HOW and WHY is it so hard to delete my account? Do I actually have to pay to have it deleted?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
1,338 1,337 25 59
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there! 🙂

I've escalated your request to the appropriate team. Soon you'll be contacted by someone else in our team to proceed with the action requested. 😉

Kind regards,

BiancaS.

I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation