Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I didn't see an option to delete one of my messages I posted at the notebook section by mistake. How can I delete a post?

Linux is better than Windows.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You may not be able to.

The ability to delete your own posts may be a feature added as you move up in forum 'rank.'

But if you can, go to the post you want to delete.

On the right side of the post you want to delete, click on the Options drop down menu.

There you will see the list of available options you have.

When I click on one of my posts, and select the Options drop down list, the Delete option is the 3rd one down on the list.

If you do not have a Delete option, then the only other thing you can do is to edit your post and remove the contents, but you will have to at least leave a period or something in the space.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

You may not be able to.

The ability to delete your own posts may be a feature added as you move up in forum 'rank.'

But if you can, go to the post you want to delete.

On the right side of the post you want to delete, click on the Options drop down menu.

There you will see the list of available options you have.

When I click on one of my posts, and select the Options drop down list, the Delete option is the 3rd one down on the list.

If you do not have a Delete option, then the only other thing you can do is to edit your post and remove the contents, but you will have to at least leave a period or something in the space.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion. I already edited the message before I even open this discussion. How long will I have to wait until I see the delete option on my posts?

Linux is better than Windows.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, that I do not know.

I don't remember when I got that option, but it must be at least at the 'Regent Professor' level.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Topics-Read-Only/HP-Support-Forum-Ranking-Overview/m-p/6...

HP Recommended

Hmm, I don't see that option either, just EDIT.  The HPE forum lets me delete, unless there is a reply.

> How long will I have to wait until I see the delete option on my posts?

Most likely never.  You don't have enough rank to get there.  🙂

> the only other thing you can do is to edit your post and remove the contents

No, you simply ask the Moderators to delete it for you.  Using the "Report Inappropriate Content" link for that topic.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.