Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Care Pack
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I process a refund for a purchase of the HP Care Pack?

I was prompted on my 2 in 1 laptop with an ad for purchasing HP Care Pack.  I took the bait.  The ad showed a promo code.  I made the purchase and realized I hadn't entered the promo code.   

Searching on the site about refunds, I noticed I have an hour to cancel order so I looked for how to cancel and could not find any clue of how to do that.  Went ahead and purchased again in the meantime while using the promo code with the expectation that I could get the other cancelled and refunded.

Tried to dial and after finding a number got caught in a phonemaze and kept getting trapped or kicked out.  Decided to chat - still within the hour and agent said my order had been placed beyond an hour ago and couldn't be cancelled.  THen once i called her on it she said my bad, it hasn't been an hour but the purchase went through quicker than normal and i couldn't cancel but when I received the email about the purchase I could request a refund.  She gave me a M-Sun 9-Midnight phone number that seems to be another Phonemaze.  I tried to choose a path that led to a this line is only available weekdays.  I still don't know who I really am supposed to go to for this particular request. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I got a prompt response to the online email request I submitted.  THank you so much Angelie G!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.