SparkyDog5
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How to handle PCE Team Delays?

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, everyone.  Looking for some advice on an order:

We placed an order for a ZBook Power G7 at the beginning of December, and it was to be shipped on or about December 24. 

On the 24th, we received an email from the "PCE Team" at HP saying the ship date is delayed until 2/18/2021.
Unfortunately, that date wouldn't work for us, because we need the laptop for school starting in January.  So we asked if we could get a comparable model as a substitute, for the price we paid.

We thought that was a reasonable request, but the only option provided was to request a refund and pay extra to purchase a more expensive ready-to-ship model (that incidentally had inferior specs and fewer accessories compared to the model we ordered).  Not quite bait-and-switch, but pretty close.

So we gave in and requested a cancellation of our order, expecting a refund back to our card quickly so we could find another laptop.  FYI:  Just requesting a cancellation requires contact with the customer service team (either by chat or by phone), and the cancellation takes 24-48 hours to be "approved."  Then, once it is approved, it takes another 3-5 days for the refund to be applied to the credit card.

Is there any other way to handle a situation like this?  We really thought an option for a substitute model would be available, without us having to pay extra or request a refund.  Has anyone encountered this, and how did you handle it?  As it stands, HP has had our payment for close to a month (we were charged on the date we ordered the laptop), and now we will be waiting until after the new year to get a refund (and hopefully find another laptop before school starts).

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.  Thanks, and Happy New Year!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
JS1960
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Exact same experience.

I now believe that PCE stands for "Pathetic Customer experience.

I get that there is a pandemic on.

But here is my question.

Did HP not know about the pandemic when they quoted me in November and took my money and made a delivery commitment?

There response certainly suggests that.

They talk about "Unanticipated Delays beyond our control"

For gosh sakes, we were 10 months into a pandemic and they never anticipated delays.

That is the other thing that actually bothers e more than the delays. 

When they do give you status, it is all about what victims they are.

Heavy handed government regulations, delays of others.

HP has done nothing wrong, just poor vctims of the pandemic.

They feel I should be sympathetic for there situation, and they have no appreciation for mine.

But that is 99% spin.

HP is a dying company and the truth of the matter is

Covid has been the best thing to happen to HP business in years, 

Their share price is up 100% since last March.

There laptop sales up 200%.

But  rather than use their “covid winfall”

to hire some support people or hire some consultants and

get on top of your logistics.

HP chooses, to be cynical profiteers and truly milk the covid crisis. 

Making unrealistic delivery commitments to lock in sales. 

While reducing service levels and

then playing the victim card while raking in  the money,

All because they know customers don't have an alternative.

HP is not the victim of covid pain,

But rather a magnifier of covid pain,

all in the pursuit of profiteering from others desperation.

Dave Packard and Bill Hewlett would be truly disgusted by this legacy.

Wake up HP.

In the long run greedy companies  get punished.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation