Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have just spent the past half hour reading about all the problems that some people have had with their HP product. I,

myself, have had real horror stories about many OTHER brands of computers, including the Acert laptop that literally blew

up only a week after I purchased it brand new! I went back to Best Buy, where I bought it, just, in my mind, to swap it for a new one, when I spotted a "Display Model HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook Laptop, that normally sells for over $900, on sale to get rid of it, as it had passed it's time as a display model.  I asked the Manager of Best Buy, if I could pay the difference between the model that blew up, and the selling price of this machine, and because of the fact that the Acert only lasted 5 days before frying itself, she agreed! My lucky day! I already own an HP tower computer that has given me 2 years of 100% trouble free performance, and after a year of owning this HP laptop, I can now say that I have TWO HP computers, and TWO HP printers, that have been, without exception, the absolute best machines that money could buy! I would recommend HP products to anyone. I understand just how frustrating that it can be to talk to a technition in India, and HP is at fault in this department

as is every other computer manufacturor, I presume to control costs to be able to offer these machines for the very low prices that they can. I want EVERYONE reading this to just stop and think of this statement. FIRST- I am NOT employed by HP in any way, I'm a truck driver and Classic Motorcycle restorer. Second- if it were not for the incredible cost savings HP see's in having their call centers in countries like India, my laptop, that was over $900 new, WOULD have cost better than $1500! So, next time you feel like you got the run around, do what I have always done BEFORE i called into customer service for a hardware problem. Write down every problem, in plain english, that you are having, and have had in the past, with the machine that you are having the problem with. That way, when you get frustrated, you will not actually forget an important issue that in your frustration, you have failed to mention, as that problem, MAY just be the actual issue that needs to be fixed FIRST, then all the other problems will actually repair themselves. I speak from experiance! NO MACHINE can possibly be perfect every time one is made, because every computer is made by the most imperfect being on earth, HUMANS! Give this post some serious thought before you call customer service with hate on your mind. You are asking someone sitting many miles away to help you fix an issue without them even being able to look at your machine. Thaqt HAS to be a very hard thing to do! If you need it fixed ASAP, then take it to a LOCAL computer repair shop, pay the service fee, and within an hour or two, your machine will be good as new. That is what you would do with your car, for crying out loud!

Glenn Merideth

Glenn Merideth, President, ReCycle of Montana.
A classic Japanese motorcycle restoring co.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.