Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screenshot_2020-08-12-00-17-45.png

 Hello.. I wanna order a part but it says out of stock. I can still order it but what will happen? Will the company still get the part for me some way or what?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Yogayoga 

You are welcome.

Some people think we are indeed connected to the parts store, to HP Support, to the HP Store online sales...

Sometimes it is good to remind readers we a a volunteer workforce. 

HP Parts Store

For an actual answer from the HP Parts Store -  open the Parts Store > Self-Help > Select a subject

For example, select Frequently asked questions (FAQ section)

You may not find the exact answer you seek, but you'll get closer than "my opinion".

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Yogayoga 

@Yogayoga wrote:

 Hello.. I wanna order a part but it says out of stock. I can still order it but what will happen? Will the company still get the part for me some way or what?

Back Order means you have to wait - maybe a little time or maybe a long time.

If you don't have a long time to wait, best to order the part from a different merchant.

Anyway, we are not HP Parts Store - we can only offer opinions.

My opinion is that back order could be a long wait for the part.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I know this isn't the hp store and I know what back order means but the site suggested that I ask the community any questions I may have. Anyway, thanks.

HP Recommended

@Yogayoga 

You are welcome.

Some people think we are indeed connected to the parts store, to HP Support, to the HP Store online sales...

Sometimes it is good to remind readers we a a volunteer workforce. 

HP Parts Store

For an actual answer from the HP Parts Store -  open the Parts Store > Self-Help > Select a subject

For example, select Frequently asked questions (FAQ section)

You may not find the exact answer you seek, but you'll get closer than "my opinion".

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I think because the stock quantity is 0, maybe it dosnt mean the part is discontinued or something. Maybe they would've said so too. I'm accepting this solution. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@Yogayoga 

Ah, now I understand what you meant.

Back Order means the part is not available now.

Presumably, the part will be restocked at some point so you can get the part.

Discontinued parts - or parts that are never stocked at the store - might simply be listed with a part number, perhaps a compatibility list, and a notice the part is Not available from HP Parts Store.

Stay Safe.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.