Highlighted
Papabear44 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am receiving messages asking for my user name and password. No, I do not give that information.

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been receiving messages on my desktop computer form someone claiming to be from windows security asking for my user name and password. There is also a phone number to call. No, I do not give them that information and I do not call the number. When I click on "close" the message will not go away. The only way I can close out the message is through the task bar. So. My question is. What can I do to stop receiving this message?

4 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
404 17 16
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am receiving messages asking for my user name and password. No, I do not give that information.

@Papabear44

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Also, if you help us with a screenshot/picture of the error message.

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Papabear44 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello Betty. Thanks for the reply and the information.

The product number is: Z5L89AA#ABA

Also am including a screenshot. When I receive this suspicous message the only way that I can close it out is with the taskbar manager. 

Screenshot (1).png

0 Kudos
8015 128 592
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Papabear44

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Papabear44 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation