Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robelle
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

I can't find WHERE/HOW to ask HP if they called me about Trojan, or if I am getting scammed!

HP Recommended

I received a call from a person that I could barely understand what she was saying, what I did get is that she was telling me I had Trojan trouble, that she was from H/P.   I am trying to ask HP if they called me but I can't find anyplace to ask them that question,  I am concerned that I may have received a call that was a SCAM.

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,456 122,633 20,165 30,943
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

No one from HP will ever, ever call you out of the blue and tell you that your PC has a problem.

Even if somehow they know what model and serial number of the PC you have and tell you what it is, it is a scam, pure and simple.

I have gotten these calls several times.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

No one from HP will ever, ever call you out of the blue and tell you that your PC has a problem.

Even if somehow they know what model and serial number of the PC you have and tell you what it is, it is a scam, pure and simple.

View solution in original post

robelle
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, I appreciate the comments

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP has released this bulletin regarding widespread scam tactics these folks are using...

https://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/document/c05404707

robelle
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paul, thank you very much for your great reply.  Sorry to be tardy in getting back to you, had a medical problem with family.  

Regarding the problem of people calling me and sounding like they were representatives of HP, I had never run into that kind of a situation in all my years.  Your information certainly gave me a heads up on what is going on and I will now learn to be more vigalent in the future.  THANKS AGAIN!:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation