Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orangetabby
Level 1
7 4 1 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

I cannot hide my email as private. I also have 2 user names linked to that email account. Help!!!

HP Recommended

I recently signed up to use your forum.  I kept seeing my email listed as public and did not know how to make it private.  When I kept checking into my account, I saw a different user name.  I must have done this years ago when I bought my old printer. 

Please help me:

1. how do I change my user name (or delete one of them)
  2. how do I hide my email address from being public
  3. is there a way to upload a photo with my name rather than an icon
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
32,101 31,806 2,926 10,683
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OrangeTabby,

• I am not sure how you get rid of the other userid - our moderators, if they see your post can maybe help with that.

• Your Public Stats:  You are not "showing your private bits".

This is what I see when I open your page:

OrangeTabby_Public_Stats.JPG

Your custom icon: 

If you stick around, contribute regularly, and become and stay an active part of the HP Forum community, then a while from now you will be granted access to change your icon.  For the time being, you might be happy being feline.  Smiling.

Welcome to the HP Forum! :generic:

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Orangetabby
Author
Level 1
7 4 1 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, thanks for the reply.  When I saw my stats, it said that my email was public.

I have another question:  how can I change the tag that says I am an honor student near my picture.   I do not know how that got on there & is incorrect.

0 Kudos
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
32,101 31,806 2,926 10,683
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Tabby,

The honorific next to your name indicates an internal ranking for the HP Support Forum members.

When one first signs up, and for the next several posts, threads, and subjects in which that member is involved, the rankings change relatively quickly.  Depending on your level of participation and even the numbers of Kudos you receive, your ranking increases.  The most active members might notice a change in rank more frequently, though it does slow and, and at some point, the progression does stop.  If it didn't, we might end up as Chancellors or members of the Parliment.  Smiling.

So, you are an "Honor Student", at least for the time being.

The ranking is a method of recognition.  Ranking is a means of attaching merit to those members who contribute outstanding quality and meet HP's internal guidelines for Excellence.

I hope you find help here.  You are encouraged to be an active member - you can ask questions anytime and hopefully we will be able to assist.  You can also answser posts from other members and share your own expertise - we all have something to contribute.  Community makes our HP forum one of the best on the 'net!

Happy Computing!

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
OrnahP
Retired
Retired
2,881 2,490 39 93
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Orangetabby, 

If you would like to change your username, please send me or any of the moderators a private message which what you would like your name changed to and we can assist you with that.  

Regarding your other questions, you may benefit from checking our the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More board for more information on how to use the HP Support Forums.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

0 Kudos
Orangetabby
Author
Level 1
7 4 1 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for helping me understand about my "name" & how things work!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation