Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rick1231
Level 2
17 4 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

I just did a backup of my files onto a usb stick. Do I need to remove the stick after it is finished

HP Recommended
HP laptop x7v58ua#abl
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just did a backup of my files onto a usb memory stick. Do I need to remove the stick or should I just leave it in?  I have it set to do a backup weekly

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,721 92,599 11,987 25,553
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can remove or keep it there but for convenience and safety, please remove it.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can remove or keep it there but for convenience and safety, please remove it.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

Rick1231
Author
Level 2
17 4 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I have one more question I should have asked in my last remark. I have it set

to upgrade weekly. That is why I asked if I should leave it plugged in or out. Will the computer tell me

to plug in stick to upgrade or do I just put the stick in manually and will it automatically upgrade ?

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you move your laptop everyday or keep it at one spot all the time ? If you have to bring your laptop around everyday, it is much better to remove it and plug it back before the weekly backup process. This is why I said for covenience and safety.

Regards.

BH

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation