Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP probook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Greetings:

I have had a Pavilian I bought and custom designed for myself and absolutely loved it to death. However, I lost it in a burglary. It broke my heart. I paid a lot for it but it was worth it to me. I long ago gave up on ever seeing it again and I can't even recall the model of Pavilian.

In a pitch, due to the burglary, I bought an HP probook 4530s. I haven not been unhappy with it, however, I would have chosen something different had I had more time and more information. 

Probook was considered then a business notebook, and the support was different. I think -- at least then -- the personal notebooks got more support because business notebooks were considered then at least to be part of a business. I always found it difficult to get support -- to the point of frustration.

I am probably overdue for a new notebook but I want to do like when I bought my beloved Pavilian: take my time, choose what features are most important to me and look for a good sale. 

What I wish, really really wish, is that there were discussions/blogs/reviews by users of various notebook who will give an honest view of the notebooks they've used (even if it was for a short while).

Maybe something like that exists, and i just have not found it. 

If so, can someone send me a link? Or a link to the closest thing? I want honest feedback. Some things are more important than others in deciding about features in a notebook. For example, I don't do gaming, so the features for that would not be important to me. I shoot a lot of photos and video, so  both hardware and software for those things are very important. 

The point is, there is no right or wrong answer when someone talks about the different notebooks they used and what they liked and didn't like about them. For example,  I work wi fi (I think most people do these days) and I want a real secure wi fi hardware ( don't we all). 

I also loved the security, like the fingerprint and password -- but often wondered how reliable they are.  Also, I liked being able to get help from HP techs but the time between owning my Pavilian and my Probook, thinks sure seemed to change about support.

Are there reviews or something like that here at HP or can someone direct me elsewhere? I know anyone can google any make but rather than bounce around along different sites, I thought hey let me try here at HP. I am not talking about the little reviews people write after each purchase. Something a little mroe detailed, even if it is a focus on one aspect of a notebook -- like the graphics card or wi fi. 

thanks to everyone and really thanks for any links.

Gina

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I just wanted to add that I bought the Probook at a big box store, not HP and could not customize it. Big difference.

I looked for a way to edit my question but could not find it. 

HP Recommended

> I looked for a way to edit my question but could not find it. 

On the right of each post you wrote is: Options > Edit Reply

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.