cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
HelpMe215
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

If I accidentally sent a printer job to the wrong eprinter and it had confidential information on

HP Recommended
Office Jet

Yes

1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
33,773 25,926 3,091 9,995
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HelpMe215 

I am sorry that happened.

There is nothing to do.

Having posted someone's ePrint address on a PUBLIC website is not great.

Please open your post and edit it to REMOVE that private information from the content.

Thanks.

The jobs are handled by machine - that is, there is not someone hand posting the emails.

There are no "take backs".

The jobs are not saved and the content is removed from the servers after it is sent on its way.

The good news, if there is any, is that most people know to set an "allowed senders" list to prevent e-Spam and unknown people sending jobs all the way to the printer.

I suppose you could send a follow-up job and ask the owner for discretion.

Sending confidential content using ePrint is not an awful choice - Unless you send it to the wrong address.

Hard lesson.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation