Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Can we do something to make it easier for people to give kudos to a post? It seems like not everyone gets the nuance of having to click on the star. Couldn't we make the entite button and the word itself an active link?

While I'm on the subject, how about making it easier for people to accept a post a solution? I've had a few examples recently where people claim not to be able to see the Accepted as Solution button. One poster claimed to have found it eventually in a dropdown menu! I understand there needs to be some governance over who can mark a thread as solved. Maybe as a first step we could make the first sticky post on every forum board an explanatory post about how to give kudos, accept posts as solutions and crucially, typical reasons why a user might be having trouble doing either of these things (browser incompatibility, not being the thread originator etc).

Just some thoughts. Anyone else out there got any opinions!

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Thanks Arkle! Any other comments here?

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I agree Andy. 

It seems like the kudos button is a little small and easy to miss.

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

+1 on the Kudo button. 

The cut off star is not intuitive.  Some forums use the word "Thanks!"

A simpler form would be "Thank this User!".

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you for this discussion.  The kudos button has been discussed several times in the past with regards to an overhaul.  We are looking into several options and will definitely be looking for input from you guys when we are ready to bring aboard any changes.

Thanks again for your comments.

Want to help? Become an Expert!

I was an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.