• post a message
Highlighted
Level 8
1,544 1,529 130 288
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Improve the Kudos button

HP Recommended

Can we do something to make it easier for people to give kudos to a post? It seems like not everyone gets the nuance of having to click on the star. Couldn't we make the entite button and the word itself an active link?

While I'm on the subject, how about making it easier for people to accept a post a solution? I've had a few examples recently where people claim not to be able to see the Accepted as Solution button. One poster claimed to have found it eventually in a dropdown menu! I understand there needs to be some governance over who can mark a thread as solved. Maybe as a first step we could make the first sticky post on every forum board an explanatory post about how to give kudos, accept posts as solutions and crucially, typical reasons why a user might be having trouble doing either of these things (browser incompatibility, not being the thread originator etc).

Just some thoughts. Anyone else out there got any opinions!

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
630 535 34 179
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Arkle! Any other comments here?

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
8,714 7,796 283 649
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree Andy. 

It seems like the kudos button is a little small and easy to miss.

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
16,176 14,937 1,033 2,062
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

+1 on the Kudo button. 

The cut off star is not intuitive.  Some forums use the word "Thanks!"

A simpler form would be "Thank this User!".

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
317 278 11 252
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for this discussion.  The kudos button has been discussed several times in the past with regards to an overhaul.  We are looking into several options and will definitely be looking for input from you guys when we are ready to bring aboard any changes.

Thanks again for your comments.

Want to help? Become an Expert!

I was an HP employee.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation