Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I received this in my inbox thanking me for registering.  Could I have received a virus?  Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @antiqueJ

Good day. Welcome to the HP Community:) Hope you are doing well. 🙂  I understand that you received an email about registering your HP product and want to find out if it is legal or spam. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this.

Great observations.  Superb diagnosis of the issue as well before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 . It is paramount to address this for you. We definitely value your relation with HP and it is a privilege to share this platform with you.:)

First off, for better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you purchase a new HP product?
  • Did you register it?
  • Does the email address display the product details and warranty information?

If the answer to all of these questions is yes, then you would’ve received an email from HP for registering the product.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Happy holidays to you and your family. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @antiqueJ

Good day. Welcome to the HP Community:) Hope you are doing well. 🙂  I understand that you received an email about registering your HP product and want to find out if it is legal or spam. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this.

Great observations.  Superb diagnosis of the issue as well before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 . It is paramount to address this for you. We definitely value your relation with HP and it is a privilege to share this platform with you.:)

First off, for better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you purchase a new HP product?
  • Did you register it?
  • Does the email address display the product details and warranty information?

If the answer to all of these questions is yes, then you would’ve received an email from HP for registering the product.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Happy holidays to you and your family. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your assistance. I'm a cancer patient and have been away from my home today.   Just viewed your response.

Will be following through with your suggestions.

HP Recommended

I clicked as ACCEPTED SOLUTION, plus just want to say in reply..........I'm deeply appreciative of your help.  Thank you again and again......... 

HP Recommended

Hi @antiqueJ,

I thank you greatly for your quick response. i wish you very well. I hope things work great for you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 🙂 

You take care now, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.