Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kyle_b
Level 10
1,591 1,581 133 316
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

Is there a size limit for forum threads here?

HP Recommended
Stream tablet
Other

Does anyone know if there is a character limit or reply limit or some other limit for forum threads here?  I ask because I have been maintaining a "Linux on the HP Stream tablet" thread which I sometimes update with the latest installation instructions and it no longer gives me the option to edit it or for anyone else to reply to it.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,493 122,670 20,180 30,958
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Kyle.

Unfortunately, I don't know who locked the discussion. 

It's not too old because there would be an orange colored archived banner on top of the post indicating it has been locked and archived.

I quickly went through it to see if there were inappropriate posts or things like that, and couldn't find that as a reason.

I'm thinking it was locked simply because it is 7 pages long, and was drawn out with replies for more than two years.

Generally this forum likes to keep things to 1-2 pages if possible.

I'll leave it unlocked for now, but if someone locks it again, it must be a moderator doing it, and I will not unlock it again if it is locked in the future.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,850 92,727 12,006 25,602
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kyle_b

There is no limit but your post is no longer available for reply and edit. If you wish to keep that way, please talk with administrator.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
kyle_b
Author
Level 10
1,591 1,581 133 316
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply banhien, I am not seeing a way to contact an administrator however?  Did I miss that option somewhere?

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,850 92,727 12,006 25,602
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kyle_b

Please PM Admin. This is the only way to contact Admin.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @kyle_b :

I unlocked the discussion.

Please let me know when you are completed editing it and I'll close it again.

Paul

0 Kudos
kyle_b
Author
Level 10
1,591 1,581 133 316
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Paul, Is there a time limit that discussions can remain open here?  If so I should probably move this off to another site since it will be ongoing as new Linux driver support for the Stream tablets is being introduced.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Kyle.

Unfortunately, I don't know who locked the discussion. 

It's not too old because there would be an orange colored archived banner on top of the post indicating it has been locked and archived.

I quickly went through it to see if there were inappropriate posts or things like that, and couldn't find that as a reason.

I'm thinking it was locked simply because it is 7 pages long, and was drawn out with replies for more than two years.

Generally this forum likes to keep things to 1-2 pages if possible.

I'll leave it unlocked for now, but if someone locks it again, it must be a moderator doing it, and I will not unlock it again if it is locked in the future.

View solution in original post

Dennis_Handly
Level 7
1,515 1,503 30 63
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is a character limit for other lithium forums.  I kept adding links to spam users until I couldn't and then created a new post.  It's 1000s of lines.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation