Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Tilt Pen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Today I received my HP Tilt Pen and the pen itself would not charged. I tried charging the pen using 3 separate chargers but the pen was unresponsive, the LED indicator would not indicate that it was charging or not, and it would not sync with my laptop because of that.

I contacted customer support and I was transferred to different departments but when I was being transferred to the accessories department, the phone called disconnected. So I redialed the phone call and explained to the person on the phone what had happened. And then she redirected me to another person, ... this is where it gets weird because before when the HP representative transferred me to a call, there would be a chime as I am waiting but this transfer did not have that. So after I was transferred to another person, I explained to them what my situation was and what had happened and why I'm contacting customer support. They had told me that I was given a defective pen, and that they would send over a replacement for it and all I had to do was send the defective one in the box I was given, and I agreed to that BUT THEN THEY ASKED ME FOR MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND BILLING ADDRESS TELLING ME THAT MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION IS USED FOR COLLATERAL. I thought this was suspicious because I had never given my credit card information out to anyone, especially not via phone call, so I hung up.

Now my question is, is it standard for customer support to asked for my credit card information for collateral? And if this is standard, please implement another form of collateral because this is way too suspicious and people can mistaken this as identity theft.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@OnlineUser, Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As a security measure, our systems do not allow us to retrieve the credit card information of our customers, and it is not possible for me to retrieve any credit card information previously entered into the system.

The replacement process just to make sure you send the defective pen back to HP within the stipulated time.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@OnlineUser, Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As a security measure, our systems do not allow us to retrieve the credit card information of our customers, and it is not possible for me to retrieve any credit card information previously entered into the system.

The replacement process just to make sure you send the defective pen back to HP within the stipulated time.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.