Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17-an012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pc broke around mid December, while still under global warranty.

The events were as follows:

Wednesday 12/12/2018 – OMEN by HP - 17-an012dx computer stopped working – this computer is registered on the HP website and had a one year warrantee because it was purchased in the US
Thursday 13/12/2018 – Contacted HP Support. HP Opened a case that day and organized for me to send in the computer. Received order confirmation.
Friday 14/12/2018 – computer picked up by shipping company.
Monday 17/12/2018 – computer received by repair center. In the next couple of days, this unit will be
worked on to perform the following service:
• To replicate the described problem
• To repair the unit
• To test the unit 
Monday 24/12/2018 – case worker requested a receipt for the product and asked to speak from the
27/12/2018

25/12/2018 - Warranty ended.

Wednesday 26/12/2018 – I replied to contact me on 27/12/2018
Thursday 27/12/2018 – case worker apologises that she missed the requested call back time.
Reschedules for 28/12/2018 at the same time
Friday 28/12/2018 – agreed to send receipt when I had access to it, 02/01/2019
02/01/2019 – I sent in the receipt
02/01/2019 – Case worker told me that HP couldn’t do anything for the computer
because it was purchased in the USA and the part required for the repair of the computer (Part
: 934613-601) is no longer manufactured in Europe and perhaps it is still available in the US.
Therefore she closed the case, said the warrantee had now expired. And would send the broken
computer back to me.

Three days after I sent a review of what had happened while asking why my issue wasn't covered under the global warranty and exactly where that would be written in my warranty.

After about three weeks of waiting for a reply and not recieving one, I contacted the only email I had (the one of the repair company), who gave me a phone number. On the 30th of January I called said number, the representative I spoke to couldn't answer my question  but said he'd try to get someone who could to contact me. No one has.

If anyone knows the email or number of someone who could help me with this issue it would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Iugas

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.