Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Store

Hi,

I'm about to start my undergrad degree at university in a few days, and I wanted to start into uni with a new notebook and make use of the student discounts offered by HP.

When I tried to register with my Uni - email, I kept receiving HTTP 500 Errors. After switching my browser it worked, but turns out I registered for the normal store with that email. I changed the email linked to that account to my private one, and tried to register for the student store from scratch.

Unsuccessfully, as I now end up with the error message "Registered somewhere else".  No idea where that should be, but that means imo theres already a student store account linked to that email, so I tried to log in - which leads to the error message:

"Your account is already registered in Kingdom Store, you cannot access the store in a different country. Please visit your country login page or contact us if you want to migrate your account to a new country."

(I'm still trying to log into the UK Store, which makes this even more confusing for me)

I have no idea which account is even registered to that email, I'm very confused by the meaning of the somewhere else/registered in Kingdom Store  message and I cant find any support contact details relating to issues of this kind.

Please help me out of my confusion.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@dominikk

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

Apologies for tagging onto someone else's thread but I too am having the exact same issue and cannot seem to contact HP support through their support channels. Would it be possible for you to put me in contact with HP so the issue can be resolved?

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

@chad250

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message after the weekend from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details)

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Sorry to give you too many problems, but I am also having the same issues on my Student Account. This is a problem as it is preventing me from returning my products and purchasing new ones.

The account has been fine, however, yesterday when I attempted to login, but the same thing happened as the other two people.

HP Recommended
I am also having the same issue. Contacted hp Support on twitter and they haven't really helped. Seems like it's happening to student account hp need to sort this asap as I've made an order with you and really need see the order status etc.
HP Recommended

I too have purchased a very expensive computer to now get locked out my account so i cant track it. Error message: "Your account is already registered in Kingdom Store, you cannot access the store in a different country. Please visit your country login page or contact us if you want to migrate your account to a new country."

HP Recommended
Yea that's why I am very annoyed I want to be able to track my order but can't as I am still logged out.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.