sj2k2
Level 1
7 4 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Kudos to HP for the HP Pagewide XL8000

HP Recommended
HP Pagewide XL8000

I would like to say Kudos to the HP Engineers that helped develop and test the HP Pagewide XL8000.  I have nearly 20 years of experience in the AEC Reprographics market, and have seen many developments over the years in equipment related to this industry.  I never imagined that an inkjet technology could replace the prevalent OCE equipment.  I experienced the transition from Diazo blueprints to the first Oce 9800 equipment, and it was revolutionary.  The Oce 9800 remained prevalent for 20 years (as well as the software - ReproDesk), which is remarkable for any technology to last that long.  I was a skeptic of the pagewide equipment at first, as many companies have tried to break into this market but failed.  The pagewide equipment has proven to be a workhorse for us in producing thousands of blueprints.  The low cost of output for color or black and white has changed our business.  As far as software goes, Smart Stream has been a great tool...not quite as user friendly as Repro Desk, but nearly as effective.

1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
32,065 31,770 2,925 10,673
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sj2k2

Thank you for your comments.

The HP Printer Team works hard and always likes to hear about success in the field.

For those reading:

HP PageWide XL 8000 Blueprinter

and

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation