Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13

Hey!

So I bought my laptop in the UK Jan 2018 with a 3 year warranty (currently Jan 2020).

I'm currently in the US and a few weeks ago now my display stopped working.

The US support team were really helpful and offered to send a box out so my laptop could be sent to their repair centre and fixed, until the day before it was supposed to arrive and they told me that as they no longer make my laptop the North America, they cannot help and I must contact the UK support team. 

They told me that they could fix it if I sent it back to the UK, which I did after the local computer repair guys said that that would be my easiest and cheapest option.

The bill to send off my laptop ended up being ~very~ pricey, so I was going to look if I could get this money back at all, since my laptop was under warranty.

But then I came across this part of the website:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpr01266#AbT0

which states that:

"For example, a product purchased in country "A" and moved to country "B" receives the current warranty coverage provided by country "B" (if that product is marketed or supported in country B)"

So my assumption is that because my laptop was no longer supported by the US they refused to help, but did I miss a loophole here? Should I have paid such a high price to send my laptop off to be fixed? Would I be able to be refunded that cost? 

Many thanks to anyone who can help at all!

Beth

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @itsbeth

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi ItsBeth,

Since your computer was purchased from UK. The computer should be sent from where it was purchased. I visited the link and the answer to your question was already indicated at the website. HP US will support you as part of the global warranty but for any types of repair. You have to send it from where the computer was purchased.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpr01266?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

QUESTION: If HP has no support presence in the country of use, what should you do to get warranty services?

ANSWER: You can call HP Customer Support or HP Authorized Support Providers for diagnostic purposes. If a hardware service is required, two alternatives can be offered: The part can be dispatched by HP Customer Support or the HP Authorized Support Partner within the border of the country where they are located. It is your responsibility to get the part from this location, move it to the PC, and to return the defective parts - when required - to the same location. Associated costs are your responsibility. The PC may be moved, under your responsibility and at your cost, to the closest country where HP has support presence, or any other country chosen by yourself (depending on the logistics network), in order to get access to the solution. When HP has no support presence in the country of use, all actions and costs required to gain warranty services are your responsibility.
"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.