Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How can I remove my name from this forum?  I registered because I was hopeful of getting some support by posting my problem.  After reading the pages and pages of similar posts, I guess I'm just wasting my time.  Is there an opt out feature anywhere?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is no way to delete your account. The only thing we can do is ban you from the forum. If you have any topic subscriptions I can tell you how to remove those so you don't get any more emails.

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Do you want to leave because no answered your question in a timely manner?

HP Recommended

Comptronic - After reading a lot of post about the problems others are having getting support for their scanner problems, I feel HP Support has let a lot of its customers down.  I agree this forum could be a very helpful tool, if we had some corrective actions to pass on.  It just seems like HP Support hasn't shared or doesn't know how to fix the problems, so there isn't anything to share.  A lot of these post have had people recommending other manufacturers, as a solution to their scanner problems.  One or two dozen people might be discouraged with HP support but all of these post, to me, indicates a problem that should have been addressed.   

Since I don't have any solution to help myself or others with the Solution Center problem, I feel it is a waste of my time to be on this forum.  I would like to have my information removed from this forum.  No sense having my information out here, where I don't plan using again.  I wish I could have been more helpful or received some help.

HP Recommended

There is no way to delete your account. The only thing we can do is ban you from the forum. If you have any topic subscriptions I can tell you how to remove those so you don't get any more emails.

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

HP Recommended

Wendy M - Well for now, I guess its best to leave well enough alone.  There is no sense being banned from the forum because someday someone may find an answer.  Thank you for your reply.

HP Recommended

How do you get banned ??? The company support is useless even to the point that they hold you hostage if you don't want to be part of the Forum anymore.

HP Recommended

@handi1943 wrote:

How do you get banned ??? The company support is useless even to the point that they hold you hostage if you don't want to be part of the Forum anymore.

Just so you know, this forum is for all people.  This is not a forum that is run by HP employees.

You are also not held hostage, as you can leave whenever you want.

HP Recommended

please ban me as well

HP Recommended

This is a user to user portal for the hp community. Not a direct place to look for official troubleshooting or advise from hp employees. Some hp employees do come here, on their own time and post as consumers. Not as hp. Hp has official portals to reach technical support. Use those support lines if you do not enjoy these forums

Also, to the best of my knowledge you cannot be banned by request. You can opt out of email notifications, and change your email and other personal information. Simply close your browser and not return if this community feature does not suit your needs.

Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
HP Recommended

So there is no way to get a straight answer frrm HP - (are we the blind leading the blind?) - and once they have your details they won't let go?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.