Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978

I have already contacted HP Executive Offices in my effort to expose the selective abuse that I am receiving from your site.  I am collecting screenshots of all posts and subsequent deletions by your staff for future communications. I will continue to post the very same post until I receive an answer.  You marked my first post – in years – as SPAM as if you understand in advance that your response to that post will inevitably generate behavior (in the form of an inevitable Reposting because the issue will obviously persist) as a result of your own actions. To call it SPAM, before it has become that thing resembling SPAM that you’re dependent on to justify your actions, is a fraud.  This is a learned behavior on your part as your past abusive behavior – when dealing with upset clients – has informed you.

RE-POST 001:

I am an MCSE 2003, among others, and have been working in IT for decades. If I can't easily find the solution, then no one will easily find that solution.  It is absolutely unacceptable that you as a company would create a situation where this software would "Lock" itself, and then you would subsequently MAKE IT VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND THE SOLUTION WITH EASE, OR HIDE THE SOLUTION.  I value my time, and you have already cost me the value of the purchase price of your printer.  And - as happens on a regular basis -  if a user chose a setting that Locked the control panel, then why on earth would your software IMMEDIATELY PROMPT THE OWNER FOR THAT PASSWORD UPON THE VERY FIRST ATTEMPT AT ACCESS IS TO ANY OF THESE "PROTECTED" SETTINGS.

I have purchased HP printers EXCLUSIVELY for most of my adult life.  You at HP have obviously abandoned a commitment to service for the same BRUTE FORCE marketing brand of 'service,' that is now poisoning all aspects of technology in general, by creating situations where we must contact support. And then you hide the solution.   This is unacceptable.  You all should be ashamed, but I know that you're not.

Christopher

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.