Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Whenever I login to the HP forums no matter what machine or what browser I'm using I am always taken to a reply form for a post I once made. It doesn't matter if I am logging in after trying to reply to a different post.

I have cleared my cache, cookies, and as I stated earlier this is happening on IE, Chrome and Safari on different Windows machines and Android.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @KenEsq ,

I've asked the Admins to look at it and I'll get back to you when I get some concrete answers! 🙂

Thanks for letting us know,

Russ

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

From the time stamp, I've assumed this is a recent phenomenon for you. Nearly a month ago, I experienced the same symptom briefly (on another vendor's forum! Are H1B developers reverse-engineering each other's code?) Before I had a chance to report it, the problem was 'self-correcting' but I might have inadvertently helped my cause during troubleshooting;  I cannot say for certain which of the following may have actually helped:

Toggle the "Remember me..." option on the login screen;

Login via initiating a reply to a new  thread;

Login via the "view" link in an email notifying you of an update...

(Woo, you use a lotta browsers, Ken! I try to limit myself to IE and Safari routinely , because when I launch one fron the 2nd tier, it's likely to bug me about an "Important Update" — feels like I unintentionally joined somebody's breakfast club.)

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

I've had the problem for a few months, but haven't had the time to report it. It finally bugged me enough today to try a number of different things. I'm going to give your suggestion a shot.

We use a lot of browsers here to make sure our sites are working properly.

Update:

Ugh, no luck...still getting sent to a reply for a post I did months ago. I wish I could delete that post and see what happens, but that's not an option.

Thanks, anyway.

HP Recommended

Hi @KenEsq ,

Are you using this URL when you're trying to log into the forum?  www.hp.com/supportforum 

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

Yes, but it doesn't matter what url I use to get to the forums...for instance clicking the "reply" button on a forum post or from within an email alert I always get taken to a thread that I started long ago. Always the same thread.

HP Recommended

In the spirit of TroubleShooting, what happens when/if you create a new "test" account?   Does it work correctly, or glitch also?

Just trying to narrow down the issue...

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

I believe I actually figured the issue out. It wasn't  cookies, cache or any of the browsers. LastPass was actually the culprit. When it saved my password it was actually somehow redirecting me back to the reply page for that old post. It should have only been entering in user name and password. Somehow it was changing the actual url.

This might be a bug on the server side as I've never seen that from Last Pass before, and it's possible, I guess that it could be exploited.

Anyway, I deleted the profile for the site in LastPass, then logged in manually at the entrance to the site and then re-saved it within LastPass and it seems to be working.

HP Recommended

Yeah, that has happened to me as well — more times than I'm willing to admit to here. After a few months, those handy little add-ons blend into the landscape so well, they're apt to be overlooked when I'm rounding-up suspects...

Congrats on your good sleuthing, and thanks for potentially saving other LastPass users from having to struggle thru much troubleshooting. Imo, it's not cheating to have posted the "Solution" to a problem you originallly posted. Please mark your post "Solved" so other forum visitors can find the answer more quickly.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.