Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am an active student and have mistakingly registered in the normally way without realising there is a special link just for the students. I have registered with my University account so HP would not let me to register again, what can I do to change the account to student? Because I do want to purchase one of the products from HP. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@lucifersunday 

Your screen capture shows you to be using the HP Online Store.   This Forum is not a part of that website!  Harriet_14 has been giving you correct instructions on how to change your account for this Forum.

You will have to contact someone from that separate entity for help.   Log into the store again, and look for Support or Chat with a Sales Agent.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am not sure about the student link but

it might be worth deleting your account and then register again with the link you are mentioning. It is probably the faster way as well.

If you go to My account, it will take you to a tab Personal information. Above, you will see a link Edit HP password - Contact information. Click on contact information and if you then scroll down, you will find a link to delete profile.

Let me know if this helps.

The other way  I can think of if to go via our admin to see if they can change that.

Harriet_14

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have tried what you suggested, but I could not find the link which says edit HP password, it only has Password reset at the bottom.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

After clicking on MY Account, do you see the below?

Edit HP Passport > User ID - Password - Contact information - Security questions 

If yes, click on Contact Information and once the page loads, scroll down and at the bottom of the page, you will find delete profile.

Harriet_14

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

QQ截图20150114194725.jpgHi, 

This is how it looks like, it does not have the options  you have mentioned.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

ok, no problem, I have contacted my colleague (admin) to try to help with this!

Harriet_14

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much, I will be waiting for good news.

HP Recommended

@lucifersunday 

Your screen capture shows you to be using the HP Online Store.   This Forum is not a part of that website!  Harriet_14 has been giving you correct instructions on how to change your account for this Forum.

You will have to contact someone from that separate entity for help.   Log into the store again, and look for Support or Chat with a Sales Agent.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.