Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You have moved all the posts from the Enterprise Printing and Digitial Imaging Forums to this site.  You have not moved the posters information which is a disservice to all that have contributed to the Forum from the beginning.  You need to correct this issue since posters who have had many solutions at the old site are no longer recongnized as being experts so new users will not take their solutions for what they are worth.  This move was done with no input or suggestions from your users which really questions how much you respect those that have contributed to your forums for years.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Admins will be contacted

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

@davidzuts - we are investigating this to ensure the proper data accrues to your account.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

What's happening with this issue? I noticed that my posts from several groups were moved over, but they are still under the other account. They should be merged into this account as suggested by davidzuts.

HP Recommended

First off, our apologies this is taking so long. It's proved to be more challenging than expected.

The final move is being reviewed now - so my hope is that we will have this end of week.

The posts and kudos have been moved it's just the solutions that are outstanding.

Thank you so much for your patience here! We appreciate it.

Teresa

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for the update. You didn't specifically mention the issue where users have accounts in the hp support forum and the enterprise business community. I have accounts in both forums, because there were discussions about HP products I have used in both forums. I hope it's possible for the posts I made in the enterprise business community which have already been moved into the hp support forum to be merged into one account with the posts I made in the hp support forum. My username is the same in both. The account in the enterprise business community can remain open, but the only remaining posts in the enterprise business community are about this topic.

HP Recommended

I think you are asking for us to merge the accounts across the two communities?

@bimmerdriver - the problem with merging accounts is that in the next couple of months we become two companies. This means that we operate independently and separately and we have two separate communities and you have an account for each.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Teresa

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

@Teresa_H wrote:

I think you are asking for us to merge the accounts across the two communities?

@bimmerdriver - the problem with merging accounts is that in the next couple of months we become two companies. This means that we operate independently and separately and we have two separate communities and you have an account for each.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Teresa

Thank you for the reply. I have an account in both communities. All of my posts in this community are recent, relating to my current notebook. Except for some posts about this migration issue, all of my posts in the enterprise business community are in the notebook forum. I doubt I will have any use for the account in the enterprise business community. I would like all of my notebook related posts to be moved from my account in the enterprise business community into my account here. I have noticed that the recent posts in the enterprise business community have already been moved over to this community, but they are still linked to my enterprise business community account. I'm sure I'm not alone being in this situation. Does that explain things? Perhaps we should take this offline.

HP Recommended

The problem I have is I only posted to the Printing and Digital Imaging Forum in the Enterprise Forum and you have or are in the process of moving that complete Forum from Enterprise to Consumer.  You can not post on this Forum over at Enterprise so I would think that all statistics should be moved over.  Also it was mentioned that only 2 years worth of posts would be moved.  Why?  There are solutions for legacy printers that owners should be able to see at the new site since they will not search the old site.

HP Recommended

>only 2 years worth of posts would be moved.  There are solutions for legacy printers that owners should be able to see at the new site since they will not search the old site.

Well the latter is no longer a problem since that have all be deleted from the HPE site.  😞

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.