Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15t-dy100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In July 2020, I have purchased a 15t (dy100 CTO) HP notebook from hp.com US website directly, which was. then delivered to an US address. I'm currently in an European country so I received it in last week and start using since then.

When I purchased this model I checked that the same model is available here in EU too. My laptop came with standard 1 year warranty. So be on a safe side I wanted to purchase  an extra 3 year warranty pack w/ Accidental care. Surprisingly when I checked on HP website, it has similar care packs with same condition but at various range (e.g. from 68 USD to 109 USD). I have called HP customer care in USA as they gave me very different information and price each time. So I called 3  ~ 4 times, till get a good price and purchase it with provided item #. 

Now after purchased I found that purchased care pack only valid in USA. Now that's strikes me hard. Laptop is something that is mobile. It's always possible that as people who purchased these packs will be possibly on roaming, so to get a good support instantly they buy the care pack. So as per the condition if I'm in Europe and having trouble with my Laptop, I have to come back USA and ask for support! Because global support is only applicable for the FIRST YEAR! To be honest I used a numbers of branded laptops and I never faced this kind of strange condition. In fact DELL let me to get my support in 3 different countries with it's tag transfer facility and there is HP! So now after buying an extended care pack I have to use my Laptop like a newborn baby!

So all these happened before I get my hands on my laptop. Now I have received it last week. After starting my laptop, before anything else I have noticed  the noise of it's fan. Seriously you didn't do any quality check before you shipped it out? I never in my life experienced with this much of noise from a brand new laptop. So after check with the forum, I found it is a very common problem for an HP laptop. Solution? I have to send it back. I have send back my brand new laptop for repairing!  

That's not the end. When I purchased the laptop, as I said I'm using laptop for last 20 years from brand like IBM thinkpad, DELL, Lenovo, Samsung and Macbook, I expected a introductory laptop with a decent 1080p display. Not a Yellow-ish, fuzzy screen, which is causing me headache and I can work maximum 1 hour continuously. Guess what this also a common problem or HP laptops as users complaining!

So I opened a case and call to support center regarding this. Now 48 Hours has gone and I don't have a single update from the support team. Now do you think it's a comfortable experience from a company like HP?

So I'm sorry to say I have a feel that I have made a mistake that I bought an HP Laptop for the first time in my life. And for sure it will be the last one too.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RonK82

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.