Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
  1. Don't sent e-mail to the original poster, whenever he/she posts a new question.  It serves no useful purpose.
  2. I am a "Teacher", according to my notification e-mail.  I supposed that's based on the number of post that I've submitted.  That number is because several times there has been a long back & forth dialogue between other posters & me, discussing my problem.  I can be quite dense at times.  I'n definitely NOT a teacher.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@jarhtmd wrote:
  1. Don't sent e-mail to the original poster, whenever he/she posts a new question.  It serves no useful purpose.
  2. I am a "Teacher", according to my notification e-mail.  I supposed that's based on the number of post that I've submitted.  That number is because several times there has been a long back & forth dialogue between other posters & me, discussing my problem.  I can be quite dense at times.  I'n definitely NOT a teacher.

1. Email notification is an option you can turn off in your Profile settings.

2. Experience gained can turn anyone into a Teacher!   😉

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended
  1. I realize e-mail notification can be turned on/off.  It just seems superfluous to me.   Why would anyone want to get a notification that they did what they just did?  Loneliness maybe?
  2. It seems very misleading  that I'm labeled a "teacher" based upon nothing more substantial than number of posts that I've made, w/o regard to their contents.  That (it seems to me) places undue weight/validity to any replies that I may make to others' posts.  I'm also aware that "teacher" is actually low on the totum pole, way below "expert", "guru", etc, but who knows . . . as dumb as I am, I may keep asking questions and advance my standing.

I thought "Forum Feedback" was for comments from users that "management" would/could evaluate for possible revisions or rejection.  If several/many suggestions are duplicates or very similar, maybe they point toward a beneficial change that the user community could use. 

HP Recommended
I am curious about the ranking system. It does seem odd if the label teacher is only based upon the total number of posts.

I do have the label teacher, but I also do have some solutions and some kudos.

If the label teacher has nothing to do with whether or not you know what you're doing and only upon the amount of time you have spent talking, then maybe that is a subtle statement about academia.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended
I agree. Flooding an emailbox in the modern age is considered rude on top of the last generation thinking that humans want to engage with a robot. Robot phone systems are a good example of a bad idea.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.