Did you mean: 
jarhtmd
Level 4
119 90 2 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

My "Rank"

HP Recommended
  1. Don't sent e-mail to the original poster, whenever he/she posts a new question.  It serves no useful purpose.
  2. I am a "Teacher", according to my notification e-mail.  I supposed that's based on the number of post that I've submitted.  That number is because several times there has been a long back & forth dialogue between other posters & me, discussing my problem.  I can be quite dense at times.  I'n definitely NOT a teacher.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
WyreNut
Level 15
16,239 14,998 1,038 2,096
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jarhtmd wrote:
  1. Don't sent e-mail to the original poster, whenever he/she posts a new question.  It serves no useful purpose.
  2. I am a "Teacher", according to my notification e-mail.  I supposed that's based on the number of post that I've submitted.  That number is because several times there has been a long back & forth dialogue between other posters & me, discussing my problem.  I can be quite dense at times.  I'n definitely NOT a teacher.

1. Email notification is an option you can turn off in your Profile settings.

2. Experience gained can turn anyone into a Teacher!   😉

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
jarhtmd
Author
Level 4
119 90 2 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
  1. I realize e-mail notification can be turned on/off.  It just seems superfluous to me.   Why would anyone want to get a notification that they did what they just did?  Loneliness maybe?
  2. It seems very misleading  that I'm labeled a "teacher" based upon nothing more substantial than number of posts that I've made, w/o regard to their contents.  That (it seems to me) places undue weight/validity to any replies that I may make to others' posts.  I'm also aware that "teacher" is actually low on the totum pole, way below "expert", "guru", etc, but who knows . . . as dumb as I am, I may keep asking questions and advance my standing.

I thought "Forum Feedback" was for comments from users that "management" would/could evaluate for possible revisions or rejection.  If several/many suggestions are duplicates or very similar, maybe they point toward a beneficial change that the user community could use. 

0 Kudos
SHThompson
Level 12
3,729 3,679 305 670
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am curious about the ranking system. It does seem odd if the label teacher is only based upon the total number of posts.

I do have the label teacher, but I also do have some solutions and some kudos.

If the label teacher has nothing to do with whether or not you know what you're doing and only upon the amount of time you have spent talking, then maybe that is a subtle statement about academia.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
0 Kudos
Tintcutter
Level 1
7 6 0 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I agree. Flooding an emailbox in the modern age is considered rude on top of the last generation thinking that humans want to engage with a robot. Robot phone systems are a good example of a bad idea.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation