Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13t aw000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My patience has been depleted. 

Timeline:

Initial Order Number and Date: H322285156, 11 FEB 2020

Assembled: 12 FEB 2020

Shipped: 07 MAR 2020

Delivered: 16 MAR 2020

It took me 34 days to receive my laptop; keep in mind that I am a university student, so a laptop is pretty important. Keep in mind of COVID-19, so having access to my classes online is important. I received my laptop and all is fine until it bricks only a little over a week of having it. I tried doing everything I could but nothing worked. I had some MATLAB and R scripts on there that I had been working in for classes on that laptop, gone. Your techs couldn't even figure out what was wrong with my laptop said my case manager named Haley.

Keep in mind it took me FOREVER to be able to get a service order, as the HP chat techs weren't helpful. One person told me to backup my laptop before shipping it, after I had REPEATEDLY told them my issue. How am I supposed to backup the laptop when I can't even turn it on?

Service Order Created: Customer Service Order #BPJM4643-01

27 Mar 2020: I am assigned a case manager, named Haley, whom informs me that my the tech could not find out what was wrong with my laptop; so I have three options. 

One: wait for the techs to figure out with my laptop, they fix it and then ship it back to me

Two: Get a refurbished laptop from the HP store

Three: Request another one to be assembled and shipped from Chongqing.

I opted for option three as I wanted to get what I paid for. I'm told that it's supposed to ship on 24 APR 2020 which meant that I would not receive my laptop until the end of my semester. Great. How useful HP! Thankfully, it arrived sooner than expected: 

Shipped: 09 APR 2020

Delivered: 17 APR 2020.

Honestly I was quite frustrated because of the month delay... as the laptop still essentially arrived at the end of the spring semester. This laptop has issues as well, which is, sorry for the inappropriate language, but it's pissing me off now. The speakers crackle at only 60% volume, when I can play the same video on my 2017 Spectre at 100% volume without any fears that the speakers are going to blow out. The wifi chip on this card must be unreliable or something because I often find myself having to turn off my wifi on the laptop and turn it back on again because it will fail to load anything. I tested my 2017 Spectre to see if it was my home's internet, but it wasn't. It is my 2020 Spectre's fault. The bottom panel (part that covers the internals of the laptop) is also bent. I can push in the panel by simply picking up the laptop and I can see the metal bending if I barely apply pressure; I can even hear the metal contacting each other when I barely press on it. When I'm internet browsing and playing music, I often times experience a very short freeze where I will hear a buzzing sound and then the laptop will function normally. This should not be happening. This unit has 16GB of RAM... web browsing should not be taxing it. 

My case manager had tried contacting me once the laptop was delivered, but I was unable to respond to her because well.. I have classes and I'm trying to figure out things at home with the pandemic situation going on. 

Haley's last call was 23 APR 2020.

Her last email was 21 APR 2020

I replied to her email on 24 APR 2020, but by that time she closed my case

Who am I supposed to contact now? I can't even return it if I wanted to now (30 days) when I haven't even actually had the laptop for 30 days when I received my first unit before turning it in! Also, who has the time to sit on the phone all day to be transferred around, especially during the weeks leading up to finals! Can someone reach out to me? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Physics_student Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.