Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
My experience with HP Customer Support has been horrible.  My notebook PC (still less than 1 year old) has had numerous problems.  Most recently, in December 2008, the battery stopped holding a charge.  I was in contact with Technical Support mutliple times (taking hours each incident).  Twice they shipped me new batteries to try, which required that I go to FedEx and send the old batteries back.  Finally, the PC would not even power up, even connected to AC power, so I had to send the entire PC in to replace the motherboard.  Tech Support told me to back up all data, because, they said, they would not. This required me to spend extra money (I had to go to a private computer repair outfit to back up data, because the PC wouldn't even power up).  After I received the repaired PC, I noticed a charge on my credit card from HP Product Services.  On inquiry it was explained that I had "failed to return one of the batteries."  The problem: it wasn't true; I did return all the parts.  So I called Technical Support, finally speaking to a Case Manager and explaining the problem.  I was assured the HP would issue me a refund for charge to my credit card.  Now, however, I find that HP has reneged on this assurance, and I am being required to furnish proof to my credit card company of what transpired -- none of which would have transpired if (1) HP's prodcut hadn't been defective and (2) their Tech Support was more competent.  I am 52 years, with good earning power, and will probably own several more computers in my lifetime.  I guarantee that NONE OF THEM, OR ANY OTHER PRODUCT, WILL BE PURCHASED FROM HP.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

for some reason the person did not

input that you return it when you

sent it back

but if you contact your credit card provider

and let them know what your problem is

and contest to the charge that you were

billed mistakenly or whatever

and that you have returned it

good luck

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.