RandyL18
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

New HP Hardware Diagnostic Tool

HP Recommended
hp 27-K350
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The New HP Hardware Dignostic Tool being distributed through your HP Support Assistant App. comes back with a Virus or Harmful Download Warning.  USE CAUTION WHEN DOWNLOADING THIS NEW TOOL FROM HP........ I have Unistalled this HP tool until they can FIX the harmful download that is attached to their set-up .exe fileScreenshot_1.jpg

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,649 22,636 1,358 1,375
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @RandyL18

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your concerns and I see that your McAfee is detecting the HP Hardware Diagnostic Tool as a Virus.

Please rest assure that the Software is safe and it is not a virus.

The HP Hardware Diagnostic Tool gains access to your Hardware components to test their functionality and probably that's why your Antivirus is detecting it as a Malware since the HP Hardware Diagnostic Tool is designed to access all the components on the computer.

The Software is safe to download and if you wish you can go ahead and complete the download through the HP Support Assistant.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Dennis_Handly
Level 7
1,515 1,503 30 63
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you notified McAfee so they can remove it from their quarantine list?

0 Kudos
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,649 22,636 1,358 1,375
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @RandyL18

We have notified the concerned department within HP and they will work on it. 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation