Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy

I sent my (less than a year old) new laptop in to HP repairs in Texas. Great. I received notification that they received the laptop and are working on the repair. Great. Last Thursday I received a message that said the repairs (which didn’t match the description of what I was having repaired) were completed and the laptop was being shipped back to me. Great? Today, I received “my” laptop only to find that HP sent me someone else’s personal laptop, which wasn’t even the same model as mine. NOT great. I called customer service (can’t even get in touch with either facility in the US) and, shockingly, they acted like it was no big deal. So HP sent me someone else’s laptop (who is, I’m sure currently waiting for it’s arrival), and mine is where??? Where is my laptop with my personal information on it? How in the world could HP have sent back the wrong laptops to the wrong people and they’re not even the same model?!? Why does HP not care that this occurred?!? I guess I will sit with this other person's laptop until someone from HP in the actual United States contacts me. Show some freaking remorse HP. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@WorstCompany

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Wow all listen to this! Because I posted the following it was taken off of HP’s website. Can you say “controlling the narrative!?!” They don’t want anyone to know how truly awful they are so they have people remove posts. 

HP is despicable. HP does NOT care about its customers.  If you value customer service NEVER buy from HP again. 

HP Recommended

It has been 30 hours since HP shipped me someone else’s personal computer with their personal information from repair and still nothing from HP!! Where is my computer with my personal information HP????  I will be taking action. I have spent hours trying to get answers from HP and STILL HP doesn’t respond. THAT shows you what kind of company HP is! 

HP Recommended

It has been 48 hours (2 whole days) since I received someone else’s personal laptop from HP repair instead of my own and NOTHING from HP at all. No one has called me back. No one has emailed me back. NOTHING. This is what you can expect if you buy from HP. Don’t do it! 

HP is also letting the warranty run out on my computer. If (and that’s a big IF) I ever get it back, they will have kept it just long enough so that the warranty has just run out of it. So if there’s anything wrong with it when I get it back from who knows where, I won’t be able to get it fixed under warranty. Because HP purposely held it and “lost” it long enough to let my warranty expire. Despicable company HP!!

HP Recommended

It has been 3 1/2 days since I received someone else’s personal laptop from HP repair instead of my own and NOTHING from HP at all. No one has called me back. No one has emailed me back. NOTHING. This is what you can expect if you buy from HP. Don’t do it! 

HP Recommended

It has been over 4 business days since I received someone else’s personal laptop from HP repair instead of my own and NOTHING from HP at all. No one has called me back. No one has emailed me back. NOTHING. STILL! This is what you can expect if you buy from HP. Don’t do it! HP’s huge lack of customer service is despicable.

HP Recommended

I will escalate your case to HP's regional escalation team

Please check your inbox for more details

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is sad when you buy a computer outright (100% ownership) from HP, you send that computer back to HP to be repaired because it was damaged when you received it brand new, and you honestly believe you are probably never getting your property back. This is the kind of company HP is and the level of (or lack of) “care” you can expect from HP. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.