Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
f310
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have an F310 carcam that records sound on the f310 unit, but, when I try to play the video on my computer, there is no sound.  It does have sound on the carcam, just not on the recording for the computer.  No such problem with any other devices on my computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  I have gone through all of your recommendations except installing the software.  I really have no need for it's features but that may be the reason I am not getting sound.  I will give it a try.  Thanks again!

Jay

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @jay7h, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you are not getting any audio when you play videos from F310 camera.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried playing the video with a different video player?

What application are you using to play the video?

Check if the audio is muted on your PC.

Try the steps mentioned below.

1. Place the CD disc bundled with the car camcorder in your PC/Laptop
optical drive.
2. If the CD does not execute automatically, please use Windows File
Manager to execute the Install_CD.exe file on the CD.
The following screen will be displayed. 
3. Select the desired [Menu] item to start the installation process
according to the instructions on-screen. 

Refer the camcorder manual for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a pleasant day ahead 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  I have gone through all of your recommendations except installing the software.  I really have no need for it's features but that may be the reason I am not getting sound.  I will give it a try.  Thanks again!

Jay

HP Recommended

@jay7h, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Please try installing the software shipped with your camcorder it has a built in player check if you are able to get audio using the player from the software.

Also, check the format of the video and try using some converter and convert the video to Mp4  and check if it helps.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.