Did you mean: 
carrotferret
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

No delivery after long delay

HP Recommended
Z27n G2

I ordered a monitor on 04 December. The website claimed it would take 10 days to ship, which was fine with me. A couple of days later I called to upgrade the delivery speed, but was told it would not be possible. However, I was told I could expect the monitor by the 16th, if not earlier.

Unfortunately, this deadline was completely blown, and the online confirmation page gave an estimate delivery date of 22 December. Today is that day, and the tracker has not budged from "Order Confirmed," which seems to suggest the monitor hasn't even been shipped.

What is a realistic timeline for the delivery of my monitor? I need it for comfortably working remotely, and am becoming 1) frustrated at the lack of transparency and 2) HP's total disregard for its customers. I own several HP devices and have previously advocated for their purchase at work. Now that I've experienced the consumer side of the business, I am not sure I will recommend them anymore.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,209 2,209 77 109
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@carrotferret,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

New Product? Need Help? HP Online Store – USA – Customer Service

Not your HP store?  Scroll to the bottom of the website and click the Flag to change regions.

Customer Service - Examples

Self-Help Service, Account, Security and Privacy, Returns and cancellations, FAQ, Shopping, Shipping and delivery, Rebates / Coupons, Product Support, Parts and services

OR

Select a subject type

OR

Select a subject type

OR

Select Home and Home Office products > (Next) Select the type of order / information you seek

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
carrotferret
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wanted to follow-up on this for everyone else's benefit, to understand what to expect from HP at the moment.

Since I posted this message (on 22 December), I got an email from HP support telling me there was a parts shortage, but that they'd ship my monitor by 04 January (exactly one month after I ordered the monitor). After hearing nothing else from HP, on 05 January I got an unceremonious email telling me my order was cancelled and refunded. There was no explanation, or even an apology for making me wait an entire month for nothing.

I called HP sales to inquire about ordering a new monitor. Because I put my original order in during "cyber week," there was a discount applied, and so I asked if the new replacement could be discounted by an amount similar the discount I originally received. I thought this was reasonable, as I had chosen to take my money to HP, and not any of their competitors, which also had promotions at the same time. The salesperson told me it may or may not be possible, but that they'd check and email me back the same day. I did not receive an email that day, or the next one, or the day after that, even after I emailed to ask for a follow-up. I would have been fine buying it at full price--but I wanted to at least hear from them!

Anyway, this was meant to be a monitor for working from home. After the longest, most frustrating monitor buying experience I've ever had, I went out and purchased a Dell UltraSharp, which I am using it right now. I've been using HP products for work for a while now, and after this, I probably won't.

I recommend that anyone purchasing business-grade items from HP reconsiders, since the wait times are very long and seemingly arbitrary (at least looking from the outside), and the customer service is not very good (as evidenced by the absolutely generic reply above).

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation