Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Why is there no support forum open for printers? They are archived and read-only, and I get the "you are not authorized..." thing when I try to post. I have switched browsers and can post messages on other boards.

Where do I ask questions about problems with my HP Envy 4500?

Sinc.,

Emma

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@EmmaS

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, we are performing maintenance on the forum, the Printer boards should be back up a little later today.

Bill_F

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the forum.

Believed the site is under maintenance and should be up soon.

In the meantime, your post caught our attention and we would be happy to help you if we can.

Do let us know.

Thank you!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for your answers, hope the printer category will be back soon! I'll post my question here in this thread too.

I have a problem with my ENVY 4500, which will not print properly on photo paper. When printing on photo paper, the print is adjusted and starts printing 25-50% from the edge of the paper - see the photo below. This is a test print, a simple frame. The print on the right is correct and printed on plain printer paper, the two on the left are on photo paper.

maladjusted

There is no error message on the printer.

There is no problem with regular printer paper.

I have tried both glossy and matte photo paper in both 10x15cm and A4 size of the brand Plexgear, which I have used in at least three other HP printers without problem.

I have gone through the reset and clean up procedures from the support pages.

I have tried printing from my Win 10 PC and from a mac running OS X el capitan. 

I have, on both computers, set the details of paper size and quality etc to the correct choices.

I am trying to print a power point presentation and has also tried saving the individual slides as jpg and print them, but with the same result. 

Any other trouble shooting tips would be appreciated! My xmas cards are in jeopardy here! 😮

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for providing the info.

How long have you had this printer?

It seems that your printer rollers are not picking up the Photo paper well , hence the "slip" and eventual result that was shown.

One suggestion is to clean the rollers; if there is a back cover, open that to expose the rollers and use a damp cloth to clean the rollers.

This might remove some of the dust that has gathered on the rollers over time and hopefully the Photo paper pick will be better.

Else, have you tried using HP Photo papers? Those were designed to work with HP printers,

Hope that helps!

Please click the “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem and “Kudos Thumbs up”  as an encouragement.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.