Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp SL4778N LCD HDTV

Was watching tv when the power to the house went out. When the power came back on and I turned the tv and cable box back on, the tv had no picture or sound at all. The power lights change colors exactly like they are supposed too, but no video or audio at all. It doesn't even show the pop up menu for the tv to change sources or anything. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Art22, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues display issues with your HDTV.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your HDTV?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

Resetting the TV 

If the buttons on the remote AND the buttons on the TV case do not work (channels do not change and you cannot open or navigate the menu), the TV has stopped responding. Reset the TV as follows:

   note:

Some TVs have a reset button. If available and accessible, try using the reset buttons before using the steps below. Using the reset buttons can save time.

1. Unplug the TV power cord from the power outlet.

2. Unplug any connected devices (DVD, Set-top boxes, etc...)

3. Press and hold the TV power button for five seconds.

4. Plug the TV power cord back into the power outlet and turn on the TV.

5. Open the on-screen menu to confirm that the TV is responding again.

6. Turn off the TV and reconnect the devices.

7.Turn on the TV.

1.If connecting a device using component cables, make sure all three color-coded cables are connected correctly.

2.Is the input source powered on? Turn on the set-top box, DVD player, or other components you are trying to view, and, if needed, start play.

3.Is the correct input signal source selected? Select the input source using the remote control: Press the device button on the remote control to control the TV, if applicable, and then press the button to select the input source. This button may be labeled Input or Source. If the button shows a single source, press the button again until you see the desired source; if the button shows a menu, press an Arrow button to highlight the source and then press OK or Select.

4.Check if the OSD menu displays or try changing the input source.

•Press the Menu button to open the OSD. If the menu displays, the panel is working. 

•Select a different input source using the remote control. Check that the video source is playing. If the no signal message is for a TV channel, press the CH button to display a different channel. 

5.Did any image display when you turned on the TV?

•If yes, check the cables to the input source and also select the input source using the remote control.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot no display issues.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. It is a hardware issue with the HDTV, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Let me know how it goes!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.