Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Despite the fact that I always click on 'Remember me on this computer' I always have to log in by entering my full email address and password.  Also I can't use my user ID instead of my email address.

Is this a problem that only I am experiencing or does it apply to all users?  Either way is it possible to get this fixed?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Be sure you have "Cookies" enaled in the browser you are using.

HTH,

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response but I do have cookies enabled.

HP Recommended

Have you tried a different browser?  Which one are you using now?  Internet Explorer perhaps?

Try Chrome or Firefox and see if the problem persists.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

I've just tried to save my email log in id using using my son's laptop which has IE10 and it works perfectly!  As we both use IE10 what could possibly be preventing me being able to save my email log in ID on my own desktop? 

Update:  I'm home again now and having opened the HP Support Forum web page from my IE10 favourites and clicked on 'Log In' I've found that my email log in details have indeed been saved.  That's very good but how could saving email log in

details remotely from another computer over 100 miles away have enable them to be saved on my own computer?  Very strange!  By the way I don't have any problems saving log in details on any other websites.

Update 2:  I've just realised that if I click on 'Log Out', which I normally do, before closing down the HP Support Forum web page my email log in details are lost.  However if I simply close the web page without clicking on 'Log Out' then they are saved.  I assume that when I had finished looking at the web page using my son's laptop I didn't click on 'Log Out' so the details were saved when I logged in again from home.  Is this the way it's supposed to work?   If I 'Log Out' on other websites my log in details are saved.

Update 3: Having experimented again a few hours after posting Update 2 I now realise that whether or not I click on 'Log Out' before closing the web page doesn't consistently affect whether my email log in details are lost.  The effect seems to be completely random - sometimes they will be retained and sometimes not.  As a result I've experimented using Google Chrome which so far does seem to consistently retain my log in details whether or not I click on 'Log Out before closing the web page.  In that respect my problem looks as though it may have been solved.  However as I prefer to use IE10, which is clearer to view and easier to read, is there any way that IE10 can be made to work in the same way as Google Chrome as far as this particular problem is concerned?

HP Recommended

Hi @GSD1 ,

You can check the Microsoft Help for the Explorer browser about remembering passwords.

I hope this helps!

Russ

I worked for HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.