Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bithawk
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Not enough permissions to post

HP Recommended

I just registered today and searched on the software board but did not find any posts relative to my problem so I attempted to post my problem but got the message..."not enough previliges to post here". How do I post my problem on the software board? How do I get the proper previliges?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
ShaunMN
Retired
Retired
106 98 1 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Bithawk, could you link me to the specific board you tried to post in? Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
tsu2
Level 2
18 14 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This topic needs to be answered better.

I am a returning User, and when I attempt to create a new topic (BTW - the button isn't always available), it says I don't have sufficient permissions to post... What?! Is there some reason for a User who has logged in and can browse the Forums can't create a new post? And, what if I am succuessful in creating this response to an existing thread, is that different than creating a new thread?

Although I post in these HP Forums only very infrequently, I haven't had a a problem posting a new topic before.

Also,

While I'm complaining about this problem I'd also want to generally comment about how poorly "best match" seems to work... The key words finding this thread are "permissions to post" and this thread which may be the only one using both keywords "permissions" and "post" are buried about 10 results below a variety of "permissions" threads without the word "post" in them anywhere.

The response to the OP (in 2012, 4 years ago) may not have any meaning if it's like my experience... When I click on the "Create new post" button" there isn't even an option yet to select where to post.

Thx... And I guess until this is resolved if ever my original problem and reason for visiting these Forums is on hold...

Tony

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation