Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am writing this post because I would never buy another HP product and never recommend HP to even my worst enemy.  To begin with, 10 days and I still cannot use my 7 month old computer due to HP customer service.  While the products are good, customer service in unacceptable and you will lose many customers as a result.

I purchased a HP Pavilion DV6 laptop computer in March of this year. On September 8, 2009, my AC adaptor burned out and stopped working.  I spoke to someone on the HP online tech support website that evening and she told me that it would take over a week to send out an AC adaptor.  After some pushing, she told me she could expedite it and have it sent to me to arrive in 3-4 business days (arriving either the 11th or the 14th at the latest).  I waited for the adaptor, and being a poor student spending thousands of dollars on applications, I did not want to go out and purchase the $70 replacement from Walmart.  When I had not received a confirmatory e-mail from HP about the chat conversation and the shipment , I called tech support the next day and they said the product would arrive in 3-4 business days.  I received a call from case management asking if the issue was resolved on September 14, 2009, and I told them I still had not received the part. The case manager, John, basically said “Well it takes a while.”  I waited until Thursday September 17th to contact HP again and the Joyce from tech support gave me some story about how parts are backlogged and software issues and how it was unknown when I they would have a part available to ship.  She even had the nerve to suggest I ask around among my friends and borrow someone else’s charger.  I told her the suggestion was ludicrous and asked her to speak with a supervisor.  She said the supervisor was busy and would ask the supervisor to call me that night.  Needless to say, I never received a call.  I called HP tech support at 8:30 this morning (September 18th) and Luv on tech support asked me to wait while he connected me to a supervisor.  I was on hold for 30 minutes to be told by Michelle, another case manager, that she cannot do anything for me and I have to wait for John, my case manager, to call back.  So in a nutshell, 10 days, still no AC adaptor, and still no help from HP.  Talk about great customer service – no respect for the time or needs of customers whose money they already have.  All I really want is an AC adaptor Fed Ex-ed to me overnight, and to arrive on Saturday at this point, or to reimburse me the $70 for a charger I will have to buy from Walmart.  As someone who spent several hundred dollars on a laptop so that I could do my work and school, this is not asking too much for a 7 month old computer.  And solving this simple issue is to difficult for HP.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. This forum is to leave feedback and suggestions directly relating to these message boards. If you have feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

This is a user-to-user community, and not a venue to receive direct help or feedback from HP. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Thanks!

• Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

• When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
HP Recommended

To GTStudent ,

I totally agree with you. I had terrible terrible experience with HP customer service twice, and every time it took forever for them to fix my problem, but eventually they still can't fix it, don't even mentioned about my printer was broken with 6 month, my battery have problem with 1 yr since i first purse from HP.com. I'd never recommand anyone to buy HP again....NEVER!!!!

HP Recommended

Thanks, I am glad I am not the only person experiencing such customer service.  On Friday, I called my case manager and he basically told me HP does not care about how their customers view their customer service and basically, I am the one who has to deal with a non-functional computer.  I called HP and filed a complaint against the case manager.  I also sent 3 e-mails via the feedback to CEO Hurd about customer service and the unacceptable behavior by their customer service agents.  I have not received a single response from anyone at HP regarding my laptop problems or the customer service issues.  I guess my case manager was right - HP really does not care about customers once they have our money.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  I hope that proves to be fruitful.

HP Recommended
HP has lost another customer and I certainly believe that they do not care.  Products are mostly good to excellent but customer service is absent.  Even within their own system they send emails saying that they cannot deliver mail to their own system!  No point in trying to send comments to the CEO.  He doesn't reply either.
HP Recommended

After owning multiple HP products, I think its time to call it quits! 

About three years ago, I stopped buying their printers.  However, I continued to purchase a myriad of their other products. The real problem lies in their tech support and experience with having to make phone calls to re-explain the same issue over and over (and over and over and over and over) again to a different rep.  It is RIDICULOUS.  The reps take notes yet ask the same questions and request to perform the same actions every time I call.  Are they insane?

“Insanity:doing the same thingover and over again expecting different results”.

Yes, I have sent feedback to their customer surveys and emailed their VPs. What good has it done?  The service has continued to decline.  HP should have never fired Carly Fiorina (she did not “step down”, she was fired).  Whip a company back into an industry leader and they get rid of you.  We are going to see the cycle repeat- HP will gradually lose their loyal following and have to answer to their share-holders.  Then they will pay HUGE $s to have an industry producer come in and pull them out of the trenches.  Hire me and I will do it for less than 7 digits and no golden parachute. 

It does not matter if I had played apart to influence a few businesses and local govts to make the HP switch (orcontinue with their products), thus spending tens (even hundreds) of thousandsof dollars on HP products.  The decline in customer satisfaction is so gradual, that they will notice when it is too late and a competitor has taken a good % of their market share. 

If you want me to send you some of the complaints and notes that I submitted so you can compare issues or just save the time of typing up your own- as I suspect my issues are identical to yours,email me at <text deleted>

Maybe HP will wake up and take care of their customers in time to save their reputation- and jobs.

Message Edited by WendyM on 09-29-2009 11:53 AM
HP Recommended

All the negative feedback I keep reading about HP repair/customer service is so disheartening, as I have had to send my two month old $1000 laptop back to them recently because the hard drive was bad. I wanna cry, i'm so stressed out that thinking i'm going to have the same issues as all these other people... i've had my other HP laptop for a few years now without much of any issues, never had to contact customer service anyway.

But to barely start payments on a brand new computer and have to send it back already... I work long hours, one of the few enjoyments I can get anymore is relaxing at home with the laptop and playing an online game with my boyfriend who helping out his family for who knows how long a few states away. My hard drive fried only a few days after the launch of this game we want to play together... one of the few things I can really do with him being so far away right now and all I keep reading is HP might have my basically brand new laptop held hostage.  😞 

Pretty p*ssed I bought this game and only got to play it two days... by what others say, I may be lucky to ever play it again unless I magically come up with another $1000. Yeah right. 

HP Recommended
Just want to say... I really do hope HP ends up being reliable in my case, i've loved their products for a long time but it is extremely disappointing to have to send an almost brand new computer in for a major repair... and of course I have to wonder if this is going to be one of many repairs in my future. I wonder what is the best way to buy a new computer, I mean if it's better to buy from BestBuy or a similar store? Would like to know my best options as far as buying a computer and it ends up being a dud?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.